Source: Noson, Perbix, SSD
To secure unit or duct to roof.
Install metal straps; brace unit supports
- Metal straps (18 gage x 2")
- Sheet metal screws—No. 10 x 3/4"
- Angle—1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 1/4"
To attach metal straps to the unit or duct, follow these steps:
- Wrap metal straps around heating/duct unit at each support location.
- Attach metal strap to existing supports of the unit with screws.
To brace the unit or duct to the roof and strengthen the existing supporting, follow this step:
- Weld or screw top and bottom of the angles to the existing supports.